Don’t Be A Sucker!

Unfortunately, with growing consumer awareness of allergies,
many enterprising and not so reputable people are trying to make a buck off
your suffering.  But you are informed,
you aren’t going to let them.  Beware of
the following marketing claims:

 Its
Hypoallergenic!
 
All the term
hypoallergenic means is that the materials used to construct the product were
not shown to cause allergies.  A pillow
that is sold as hypoallergenic only means the material in the pillow itself has
not been shown to cause allergies.  It
does not mean that the pillow will not harbor molds and dust mites.

 Its All Natural!  There is nothing wrong will products that are
all natural.  But, all natural does not
always mean all good.  Arsenic, poison
ivy, and AIDS are all natural.  However,
I wouldn’t recommend any of them to my friends or family.

 Its HEPA filtered!  Anytime any sales person tells you a product
is HEPA filtered, you need to ask if the filtering system is sealed.  The vacuum cleaner market is a great example
of this tactic. Many companies are marketing “allergy” vacuums with HEPA
filters that actually make problems worse than better.  This is because the units leak contaminants
before they ever reach the filter.  Don’t
take my word for it, look in Consumer Reports.

©Copyright 1996-2013 Cee DeeKay,Inc dba AllergyStore.com™ All Rights Reserved

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusrss

Your Car and Allergies

We spend so much time trying to make our homes allergy free we forget
about another place we spend a great deal of time in, our cars. How many
times have you gotten in your car to go to work, school or shopping and by
the time you arrive you have sinus problems, drippy nose, or
headaches.

These symptoms are often related to mold or other organisms growing in the
air-conditioning system. It may occur in cars that are only a year old. It
is often in the evaporator coils, drain pan or can also be in the ducts
themselves. Leaking or open windows or doors, often the result of aged
weather stripping, may allow moisture to build up in carpeting or
upholstery, contributing to mold growth. If this is in the back seat, the
driver may never notice. Don’t forget that dust mites live in upholstery
and carpeting regardless of where it is at.

Most of the products, Allersearch ADMS spray,  you use in you home to control
dust mite allergens can also be used in your car. Make sure you
vacuum the carpets and seats often because they collect a lot of dust. Put
your ozone generator in the car and let it run for an hour or so then turn
the AC on and let it run some more (make sure your not in the
car). If your car’s ac system  is equipped with a filter, don’t forget to change it.

Treat your car just as you do your home and when you arrive
at your destination you may find that you feel just the way you did when
you left home. Enjoy the drive.

Wishing you the best of health

Mike Krause

Got Allergies? AllergyStore.com

©Copyright 1996-2013 Cee DeeKay,Inc dba AllergyStore.com™ All Rights Reserved

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusrss

Am I Allergic to Water?

Over the years we have had people come into our store and tell us
they think they are allergic to water. They complain of redness, rashes, dry skin, itching or burning skin and it only happens when they bathe or swim.

Allergic to water
Are You Allergic to Water?

The truth is that there have been very few cases of someone actually being allergic to water. In fact there have been fewer than 30 reported cases of “Aquagenous Urticara” world wide. We explain that more than likely they are having an allergic reaction to something in the
water and not the water itself.

Alfie Lipshultz, a good friend and CEO of the Aquathin, Corp., likes to refer to our water sources as “chemical cocktails”.

“The water we drink, cook with and bathe in contains hundreds of chemicals including heavy metals, minerals, pesticides, herbicides, pharmaceuticals, organic waste, illegal drugs, salts, cleaning products and personal care products just to mention a few. The local water treatment plants attempt to clean up the water but unfortunately that includes adding even more potentially irritating chemicals like chlorine, aluminum chloride, and ammonia. It is not their fault the water they start with is not as good as it once was.”

So what is causing our customer to have their allergic reaction to water?  The majority of them are finding that they are sensitive to the chlorine and chloramines used by the local treatment plants to disinfect the water. We need these chemicals in the water to kill bacteria while it is in the water mains being delivered to our home but they should be removed before they get in the house. I have yet to read a study that suggests chlorine or chloramines are good for our skin, to breathe while taking a shower or ingest.

If you believe you are having any type of an allergic reaction you should see your doctor as soon as possible. However, we believe that everyone should use quality water filtration systems to protect themselves and their families from the “chemical cocktail” that is in water. There is no reason to take the risk.

Remember, it’s not the water that bothers you but what is in it.

Wishing you the best of health
Mike Krause

AllergyStore.com – Helping customers since 1989

©Copyright 1996-2014 Cee DeeKay,Inc dba AllergyStore.com™ All Rights Reserved

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusrss