If you find you are scratching your eyes and feeling a bit more stuffy than usual, it may be because fall allergens such as ragweed are at their peak. The other thing that is causing problems for a lot of people is mold. All of the wet leaves on the ground have to be raked up. When you do it releases mold spores right where you are working. Ragweed pollen and mold are the most common fall allergens for people with fall seasonal allergies
Not to take the fun away but you may want to keep the kids out of those big piles of leaves if the have allergies or asthma.
Another thing we are getting calls on is people are turning on the heaters for the first time and getting all stopped up. The problem is mold, dust, dirt, pollen, pet dander can build up on the heating coils during the summer. When you switch on the heat for the first all of that starts to burn off. Besides smelling bad, the allergens become airborne. This is the most common of the indoor fall allergens.
Being in South Florida we would see it all the time when the first good cold snap hit. We don’t have the problem at out house because we don’t have heat.
Best thing you can do aside from having the system cleaned, is to open a few windows when you first turn on the heating system. Do it early in the day so anything that blows out has a chance to settle.
Wishing you the best of health
©Copyright 1996-2013 AllergyStore.com™ All Rights Reserved